Over-the-Air Service Provisioning (OTASP) consists of the
following features provisioned over-the-air:
- Download of NAM operational parameters.
- Electronic Key Exchange for securely establishing the A-key and
- System Selection for Preferred Roaming (SSPR) for providing
mobile stations with information allowing acquisition of the
preferred system in an area.
- Preferred User Zone
List (PUZL) for providing mobile stations which support the
optional User Zone feature with information allowing usage of the
preferred user zone in an area.
- Download of 3G packet data operational parameters.
- Download of Multimode System Selection (MMSS)
Service Programming Lock (SPL), if provided, prevents the
over-the-air provisioning of certain mobile station parameters by
an unauthorized network entity.
This document describes Over-the-Air Service Provisioning in
CDMA and analog systems. The procedures defined are intended to be
extendable and flexible enough to be used with future air interface
specifications. The procedures in this document do not require
support for continuation of the service provisioning process
following a CDMA-to-analog handoff.