DIN 267-15 1983 Edition, November 1, 1983
Fasteners Technical delivery conditions Prevailing torque type nuts
Includes all amendments and changes through Change/Amendment , November 1983
Additional Comments: ENGLISH * W/D S/S BY DIN EN ISO 2320
Published By:Deutsches Institut fur Normung E.V. (DIN)
Field of application
The property classes, mechanical and performance properties and the methods of test listed in this standard apply to prevailing torque type nuts
- with nominal thread diameters from 3 to 39 mm;
- with ISO metric thread as specified in the DIN 13 standard series;
- with styles as specified in the appropriate product standards in which reference is made to this standard;
- made from alloy or non-alloy steel;
- for applications at temperatures from
-50 to+ 120°C for nuts with a non-metallic insert,
- 50 to+ 300 °C for all-metal non-plated nuts,
- 50 to+ 230 °C for all-metal plated nuts.
This standard does not apply to nuts that have to meet particular requirements regarding e.g.
- corrosion resistance;
- lower and higher application temperatures which require special materials or coatings.
Note. A standard is in preparation to cover the requirements on the ratio of the torque to the clamp load on prevailing torque type nuts.