IEC 60335-2-10 5.1 Edition, July 1, 2008
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-10: Particular requirements for floor treatment machines and wet scrubbing machines
Additional Comments: BILINGUAL * CONSOLIDATED REPRINT
Published By:International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric floor treatment and wet scrubbing machines intended for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 Examples of floor treatment machines are
– floor buffers;
– floor polishers;
– floor waxers.
NOTE 102 Examples of wet scrubbing machines are
– floor scrubbers;
– rug shampooers;
– upholstery shampooers.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
NOTE 103 Examples of such appliances are appliances intended to be used in hotels, offices, schools, hospitals and similar premises.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
– the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
– playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 104 Attention is drawn to the fact that
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
– in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 105 This standard does not apply to
– vacuum cleaners and water suction cleaning appliances (IEC 60335-2-2);
– appliances intended for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour, or gas);
– floor sanding machines.