This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of
electrically operated commercial cookingand baking ranges, ovens, hobs, hob
elements and similar appliances not intended for household
use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V
for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral
and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 These appliances are used for example in restaurants,
canteens, hospitals and commercial enterprises such as bakeries,
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of
energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common
hazards presented by these types of appliances.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
– For appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board
ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
– In many countries additional requirements are specified by the
national health authorities, the national authorities responsible
for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities
and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
– appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special
conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or
explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
– continuous process appliances for the mass production of
– steam cookers, forced and steam convection ovens (IEC
– hot cupboards (IEC 60335-2-49);
– microwave ovens (IEC 60335-2-90).
Order online or call: Americas: +1 800 854 7179 | Asia Pacific: +852 2368 5733 | Europe, Middle East, Africa: +44 1344 328039