LIMITATION OF HUMAN EXPOSURE TO ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS FROM DEVICES OPERATING IN THE FREQUENCY RANGE 0 HZ TO 300 GHZ, USED IN ELECTRONIC ARTICLE SURVEILLANCE (EAS), RADIO FREQUENCY IDENTIFICATION (RFID) AND SIMILAR APPLICATIONS
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric
commercial dispensing appliances and
vending machines for preparation or delivery of
food, drinks and consumer products, their rated
voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase
appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of
this standard are
- bulk tea or coffee brewing machines;
- cigarette vending machines;
- coffee grinders;
- commercial liquid heaters;
- coffee makers with or without integrated coffee grinder;
- coffee makers with cooling systems;
- hot and cold beverage vending machines;
- hot water dispensers;
- ice cream and whipped cream dispensers;
- ice dispensers;
- newspaper, audio or video tape or disc vending
- packaged food and drink vending machines;
- refrigerated merchandisers.
Appliances can have more than one function.
NOTE 102 Other standards may be applicable for some functions
- refrigeration (IEC 60335-2-24);
- heating by microwaves (IEC 60335-2-25).
This standard also deals with the hygiene aspects of
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common
hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by users and
maintenance persons. However, in general, it does
not take into account young children playing with the
NOTE 103 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board
ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements for appliances
incorporating pressure vessels are specified;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by
the national health authorities, the national authorities
responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply
authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 104 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended to be used exclusively for household
- appliances intended to be used exclusively for industrial
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special
conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or
explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- commercial electric boiling pans (IEC 60335-2-47);
- commercial electric bains-marie (IEC 60335-2-50);
- amusement machines and personal service machines (IEC
- appliances solely used for dispensing money;
- display cabinets;
- appliances incorporating electrode-type water heaters.
– requirements for dispensed potentially hazardous food (these
are covered by national health regulations in many countries).
Order online or call: Americas: +1 800 854 7179 | Asia Pacific: +852 2368 5733 | Europe, Middle East, Africa: +44 1344 328039