IEC 60601-2-7 2nd Edition, February 1, 1998
Medical Electrical Equipment - Part 2-7: Particular Requirements for the Safety of High-Voltage Generators of Diagnostic X-Ray Generators
Includes all amendments and changes through Change/Amendment , February 1998
Additional Comments: W/D S/S BY IEC 60601-2-63 AND IEC 60601-2-65
Published By:International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
This Particular Standard applies to HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS of medical diagnostic X-RAY GENERATORS and to their subassemblies including the following:
– HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS that are integrated with an X-RAY TUBE ASSEMBLY;
– HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS of radiotherapy treatment simulators.
Where appropriate, requirements for X-RAY GENERATORS are given but only where these concern the functioning of the associated HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATOR.
This standard excludes
– CAPACITOR DISCHARGE HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS (these are covered by IEC 60601-2-15),
– HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS for mammography,
– HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS for RECONSTRUCTIVE TOMOGRAPHY.