ISO 9349 2004 Edition, June 15, 2004
Preinsulated ductile iron pipeline systems
Additional Comments: ENGLISH * SEE ISO DIS 9349
Published By:International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
This International Standard specifies the requirements and test methods applicable to preinsulated ductile iron pipes, fittings, accessories and their joints for the construction of pipelines (or parts thereof) :
- to convey water (e.g. potable water), wastewater and other liquids ;
- to be operated with or without pressure ;
- to be installed below or above ground ;
to limit temperature variations of the conveyed fluids. NOTE In this International Standard, all pressures are relative pressures expressed in bars1).
This International Standard gives, in addition to the specifications of the existing ISO standards for the conveying ductile iron pipes and fittings, specifications for materials, dimensions and tolerances, mechanical and thermal properties of the thermal insulation layer and external casing of preinsulated ductile iron pipes, fittings and accessories.
This International Standard covers preinsulated ductile iron pipes, fittings and accessories of a size range extending from DN 60 to DN 600 inclusive, which are :
- manufactured with socketed, flanged or spigot ends for jointing by means of various types of gaskets which are not within the scope of this International Standard ;
- preinsulated in the works (excluding on site application of the insulation layer and/or the casing) ;
- normally delivered internally and externally coated ;
- intended for fluid temperatures from 0 °C to 50 °C, excluding frost.
NOTE Other applications are possible by agreement between manufacturer and purchaser.
1) 100 kpa = 1 bar