ISO 9660 1st Edition, April 15, 1988
INFORMATION PROCESSING - VOLUME AND FILE STRUCTURE OF CD-ROM FOR INFORMATION INTERCHANGE
Includes all amendments and changes through Amendment 1, May 1, 2013
Additional Comments: ENGLISH
Published By:International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
Scope and field of application
This International Standard specifies the volume and file structure of compact read only optical disks (CD-ROM) for the interchange of information between users of information processing systems.
This International Standard specifies
- the attributes of the volume and the descriptors recorded on it;
- the relationship among volumes of a volume set;
- the placement of files;
- the attributes of the files:
- record structures intended for use in the input or output data streams of an application program when such data streams are required to be organized as sets of records;
- three nested levels of medium interchange;
- two nested levels of implementation;
- requirements for the processes which are provided within information processing systems, to enable information to be interchanged between different systems, utilizing recorded CD-ROM as the medium of interchange; for this purpose it specifies the functions to be provided within systems which are intended to originate or receive CD-ROM which conform to this International Standard.