MIL-F-85421/1 1988 Edition, November 30, 1988
FITTING END, STANDARD DIMENSIONS FOR BULKHEAD, DYNAMIC BEAM SEAL, MALE
Includes all amendments and changes through Cancellation Notice 1, April 30, 2002
Additional Comments: CNCL S/S BY SAE AS85421/1
This specification is approved for use by all Departments and Agencies of the Department of Defense.
The requirements for acquiring the design standard described herein shall consist of this specification sheet and the issue of the following specification listed in that issue of Department of Defense Index of Specifications and Standards (DODISS) specified in the Solicitation: MIL-F-85421.
1. Dimensions are in inches. Unless otherwise specified, tolerances: decimals ±.010, angles ±½°.
2. Remove all burrs and break all sharp edges.
3. All machined surfaces shall be smooth to 125 microinches Ra per ANSI B46.1, except as noted.
4. Sealing surface shall be free from longitudinal and spiral tool marks and shall be smooth to 45 microinches Ra in accordance with ANSI B46.1.
5. Sealing surface shall be coated with solid film lubricant per MIL-L-46010. Overspray in bore is not permitted.
6. Dimensions A, B, C and T (Pitch Dia) shall be concentric to each other with the "F°" angle measured and calculated as an included angle within .005 FIM.
7. Example of design identification number:
8. In the event of a conflict between the text of this standard and the references cited herein, the text of this standard shall take precedence.
9. Referenced government or non-government documents of the issue listed in that issue of the Department of Defense Index of Specifications and Standards (DODISS) specified in the solicitation form a part of this standard to the extent specified herein.
10. This is a design standard, not to be used as a part number.