MS 9018 Revision B, July 1, 1968
INSERT - 18-1.5MM AVIATION SPARK PLUG HELICAL COIL
Includes all amendments and changes through Interim Notice 1, August 21, 1996
Additional Comments: INACTIVE FOR NEW DESIGN
This military standard has been approved by the Department of Defense and is mandatory for use by all Departments and Agencies of the Department of Defense. Selection for all new engineering and design applications and for repetitive use shall be made from this document.
1. ASSEMBLED LENGTH OF INSERT TO BE AS SPECIFIED ON MS9071.
2. NUMBER OF FREE COILS TO BE COUNTED FROM NOTCH.
3. MATERIAL: STEEL, CORROSION RESISTANT, AMS 7245 (MATERIAL AND MFG).
[B circled]4. SURFACE TEXTURE: USAS B46.1 - 1962.
5. SEE MS9071 FOR INFORMATION ON TAPPED HOLE FOR INSERT, INSERT ASSEMBLY, AND THREAD DIMENSIONS AFTER ASSEMBLY.
6. DIMENSIONS IN INCHES.
7. DO NOT USE UNASSIGNED PART NUMBERS.
[B circled]U.S. PATENT NO. 2607259, WHICH EXPIRES 19 AUG 69, MAY APPLY TO THIS ITEM. THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE A ROYALTY FREE LICENSE.
AS & AMS ARE SOCIETY OF AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERS, INC., PUBLICATIONS.
THIS STANDARD WAS DEVELOPED COOPERATIVELY WITH THE ENGINE AND PROPELLER UTILITY PARTS COMMITTEE OF THE SAE.