|Description / Abstract
||Back to Top
|Scope of This Document
This standard details definitions, method of measurements and
minimum performance characteristics for Forward Link Only devices.
This standard shares the purpose of  by ensuring that a Forward
Link Only device can obtain service in any system that meets the
compatibility requirements of .
Revision A of this specification includes performance
requirements for Forward Link Only 8devices supporting 6 and 8-MHz
wide channels across the entire UHF band.
Revision A includes the:
• Addition of three distinct sub-bands to cover the entire UHF
band. Sub-bands 0, 1 and 2 cover the lower, middle and upper part
of the UHF band. The sub-bands allow for focused testing of the
particular band segment of interest for a given device.
• Addition of recommended sub-band number for each test.
• Specification of the recommended channel number used for
executing tests in different sub-bands.
• Addition of test procedures and performance requirements for 8
MHz wide channel in sub-bands 0, 1 and 2.
• Addition of test procedures and performance requirements for 6
MHz wide channel in sub-band 0 and 2.
• Elimination of redundant test points to speed up the tests
without compromising the test functionality.
• Addition of a new channel profile 8 to characterize device
performance in a long delay channel.
• Addition of a new MAC layer test to characterize demodulation
performance for transmit mode 2 with (16, 14, 2) outer Reed Solomon
• Revision of all channel profiles to support both 6 and 8 MHz
• Addition of a new co-channel single tone interference test for
6 and 8 MHz channel bandwidths to emulate the effects of a
Compatibility, as used in the connection with this standard and
, is understood to mean that any Forward Link Only device can
receive multicast service in a Forward Link Only network.
Test methods are recommended in this document; however, methods
other than those recommended may suffice for the same purpose.
All the performance metrics in this standard are meant for
non-receive diversity Forward Link Only devices i.e. for devices
with one receive antenna. For testing of Forward Link Only devices
with receive diversity i.e. with more than one receive antenna, the
1 Forward 2 Link Only device shall be configured so that just one
receive chain is used for 3 demodulation.
|Additional Supplemental Documents