|Description / Abstract
||Back to Top
The purpose of this Guide is to provide a practical set of
guidelines for safe hydrogen use. The information presented in this
Guide is intended as a reference to hydrogen design and practice
and not as an authorizing document. This Guide contains minimum
guidelines; users are encouraged to assess their individual
programs and develop additional requirements as needed.
The words "shall" and "must" are used in this Guide to indicate
a mandatory requirement, and the authority for the requirement is
given. The words "should" and "will" are used to indicate a
recommendation or that which is advised but not mandatory.
The information is arranged in an easy-to-use format. The reader
will find the following useful to note:
• A numbered outline format is used so information can be
readily found and easily cited
• An index is provided to assist the reader in locating
information on a particular topic.
• Acronyms are defined when introduced, and a tabulation of
acronyms used in the document is provided in the Acronyms
• Definitions of many of the terms used in this Guide are given
in the Terms and Definitions section.
• All sources are referenced so the user can verify original
sources as deemed necessary. References cited in the main body of
the text can be found in the bibliography in Annex F. The latest
revisions of codes, standards, and mandatory regulations should be
used when those referenced are superseded.
• The International System of Units (SI) is used for primary
units, and U.S. Customary units are given in parentheses following
the SI units. Some of the tables and figures contain only one set
|Additional Supplemental Documents