|Description / Abstract
||Back to Top
|The scope of this manual includes the determination of the
necessary construction details for the fabrication and installation
of round metallic industrial duct work within the following general
categories, and as further detailed in the scope of individual
chapters, through a variety of both analytical and empirical
• Fabricated using the longitudinal welded seam, grooved lock
seam, and spirally generated lock seam techniques.
• From commercial grades of carbon, galvanized, or stainless
steels, or aluminum of the various grades and types as described in
• For a design pressure within the range from negative 30 in. wg
(7500 Pa) to positive 50 in. wg (12,500 Pa).
• To be supported at intervals not exceeding 30 ft (9150 mm) for
longitudinal welded seam pipe, and 20 ft (6100 mm) for spiral
• For a design temperature not exceeding the specific operating
limits listed for each type and grade of metal included in Chapter
• With a nominal diameter within the range of 4 to 96 in. (100
to 2440 mm)
• With a diameter-to-thickness ratio of less than 800 for all
longitudinal seam ducts and 1800 for spiral pipe
• Listing of rated stiffeners, flanges, fasteners, hanger and
support elements, and the methods for selecting them for specific
• Catalogue of accepted industry practices for the fabricating
and installation of round metallic industrial duct, with its
fittings, appurtenances, accessories, insulation, cladding, hangers
There were three primary purposes behind the development of this
• To develop minimum standards for the fabrication and
installation of metallic round industrial duct systems.
• To develop new, and collect existing, duct construction
practices and data to serve as an authoritative source of accepted
industrial practices for contractors, design engineers, facility
managers, and pollution control authorities.
• To provide an authoritative sources of documentation and
terminology for operations involved in the construction and
installation of round metallic industrial duct.
|Additional Supplemental Documents